Cycling has always been hugely popular in Scotland, with hundreds of miles of quiet roads to choose from, and plenty of punishing passes – try Applecross’ Bealach na Ba if you’re feeling strong! The country is also fast becoming the no.1 mountain biking destination in Europe. There are now plenty of purpose built tracks, including the World Championship course at Fort William, Wolftrax at Laggan, Highland Wildcat trails at Golspie, Learnie Red Rock Trails on the Black Isle, and of course in the south, the seven ’7 Stanes’ mountain bike centres spread across Dumfries & Galloway. And these are only the purpose built tracks – for me, the real potential in Scotland are the (literally) hundreds of miles of cross-country routes, many of which are detailed in several great guidebooks, with still plenty of inspirational routes to just go out and explore for yourself.
Top reasons why Big Tree Campervans are perfect for cycling and mountain biking….
- Hassle-free bike carrying with the tow-bar mounted rack, carrying up to four bikes securely.
- A really cosy base to come back to after a big day out on your bike, and to quickly replace those lost carbs.
- Heated, so you can dry out your gear, and get out on your bike all year round.
- Wet-box option to stow any wet gear.
- A perfect flexible base, either for you or for the mobile support team.
- You can take your own food (or buy it locally) and cook it up yourself – cheaper than restaurants and much more fun!
- Collect your campervan from the very heart of Scotland, and all the main mountain bike centres, and great cross-country trails are within easy reach.
- Really easy to drive.